Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Day At the Zoo

We took Gregg up to Boise on Tuesday for him to get everything processed for him to go to basic training on Wednesday. He got done earlier then we thought he would, and wanted to spend his last day with us at the zoo. We had a great time.

Brenix loved all the animals, it was the first time he's ever seen them. But MaKayla screamed when ever we got close to any of the cages. All i could get out of her was that the animals were going to get out. No matter how much we tried to convince her she was safe, Mak screamed her head off till we moved away. I guess the Zoo's not for everyone.
Gregg is now in basic training down in Texas. He will be gone from us for the next 174 days (one down and many more to go!). He said he was prepared and ready to take what ever the drill Sargent's dished out. We'll see just how prepared he was after his first letter. MaKayla and Brenix miss him already, and I'm doing all i can to explain that Daddy had to go so we could be happy together later. They're not really buying it, and neither am i to tell the truth. But we'll do our best to get along without him till he gets home safely.
The only time Mak stooped crying was when the tiger was swimming.

3 comments:

Jenete said...

Kayla, That's hilarious about the Mak and the Zoo. Jeff and I just visited Animal Kingdom while we where in Florida. (Jeff was invited to watch the shuttle launch so we had to visit one of the Disney World parks...an update on our blog is coming soon) We went on the safari ride that is like a zoo but without the cages and I am sure Alma would have been screaming the whole time:)

Hang in there with Gregg being gone, I am sure it's not easy and the kiddeos are struggling but time does fly it just doesn't seem that way now when there is more time to go then time past:)

The Millers said...

Oh good luck Kayla. I've been thinking about you all day. Remember that Rexburg is only a few hours away and Will would love to have his cousins here (so would I). We really would love the company and tell Makayla that we don't even have to go to the zoo!

Laura said...

Hey Kayla, I found your blog from Jenete's. Your kids are so cute!! Hang in there with Gregg being gone -- while I can't say I know what it's like I can only imagine what I'd do with Todd being gone....so you're a warrior woman! Hang in there and I hope to see you at symphony in January!