Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Let it begin!


You all remember how we had a leak under our kitchen sink but we replaced our bathroom vanity instead? Well I finally got around to looking at the kitchen sink problem, and found that the leak had been so bad that it rusted threw the faucet and i couldn't get any of the water lines off. When we told Grandpa Coleman he said " Well lets just replace the whole kitchen!"
So that's what we're doing!



We start with our lovely model Brenix showing off our perfectly out dated and broken down kitchen in its original state.
Yes this is the actual size of kitchen we have been living with for the past 3 1/2 years, and boy was it fun ripping it out!


It only took me about 20 mins. to take out all the upper cabinets. I started by using a screw driver, but decided that a hammer was much faster and more fun.
But the real fun happened when i started to take out the lowers. I forgot to turn off the power and i arched a wire. If you haven't done that, I wouldn't suggest you try it. It hurts.


And this is what we are left with. No cabinets and a really dirty floor. It's been a real stress reveler to be able to destroy my own kitchen, But now that that's over, the real work will begin!

1 comment:

Jenete said...

I can't wait to see the finished product! Hopefully you won't be left without cabinets for too long. I would like to take a hammer to our current kitchen cabinets also but I don't think our land lady would like that since I would have no idea what to do afterwards;)